Android phones and tablets are usually much more than operating systems like iOS, Ti zen, or Windows 10 Mobile. If you do not like the firmware installed by the device manufacturer on your Android device, you are free to replace it with your own custom firmware. Android has become the best operating system software because of its compatibility and user-friendly nature.
- Create a new folder “downloaded_rom” in the Internal storage of your Xiaomi device and copy the ROM file from the computer into this folder.
- Recovery files can be installed on Xiaomi, Redmi, etc mobile.
- Mi Flash Tool includes all of the necessary scripts for flashing your smartphone.
- In addition, the Flash File (ROM) also enables you to repair the Mobile device if facing any Software Issue, Bootloop Issue, IMEI Issue, or Dead Issue.
- Therefore, you have to install the Qualcomm USB Driver and the ADB Driver to connect the Smartphone to the Computer.
If you are intrigued by the MIUI Downloader app, you can read up on it on How to download latest MIUI for your device content. If you own a Xiaomi device, there may come a time when you need to unbrick it and restore it to factory settings. This can be done by flashing the device with firmware files a stock ROM. While this process requires technical knowledge, it is not overly difficult to complete.
- Xiaomi provides full ROMs of every update, for each of its compatible devices.
- By reporting problems you encounter when using the beta software, you may aid in enhancing the stability of the MIUI version.
- Once it’s turned off, hold the Volume Down and Power keys together to enter Fastboot Mode.
- Wait for 4-5 minutes and unplug your device even if it doesn’t show success.
- If you have a USB driver already installed on your laptop, then you have to skip this step.
You may now proceed with the steps to install the MIUI Stock ROM on Xiaomi devices via the TWRP Recovery. This tutorial lists step-by-step instructions on how to flash stock firmware using Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool on Windows computer. We have found MiFirm.net a good source for Global ROMs.
You may have noticed that there are a bunch of flashing scripts in the folder. They are compatible with several devices, making it possible to use a single ROM across multiple devices. Download Xiaomi Firmware, Mi, Poco Smartphone latest Software Update, Official Fastboot ROMs, Flash File (Stock ROM) and Flash your Device By Using Xiaomi Flash Tool. After doing this, you can re-attempt the flash and the error will not appear again. Press the “three dots” icon at the top-right corner and Select “Choose update package”. They lack features on other custom ROMs, such as root access and theme support. The Stock ROM can also be used to upgrade or downgrade the Operating System (OS) on your Xiaomi Devices.